Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's a Start

Hi all--finally decided to get on the sock wave and figured this would be a fun KAL to join as I struggle through my first attempt and those thereafter (see-I'm optimistic from the start!).

I attended a sock class last night (I know, I feel like I'm cheating!) and I present you the start of my first sock. It's a simple ribbed cuff, stockinette sock...I turn the heel next Tuesday (if I can find the time to knit to that point before then!).
Thanks for letting me in on the fun...I've enjoyed seeing all your first attempts!

6 comments:

Cass said...

Welcome Rachel! Your sock looks great! What kind of yarn are you using?

AllyB said...

Welcome! That's some purty yarn. Thanks for joining us.

Donna said...

You go Rachel, and welcome to the group!

Natalie Rush said...

That's awesome. I'm new to this KAL too. I plan to start my first sock next week. I have some WIP presents to work on to FO before I work on it.

AllyB said...

Welcome to you too gnat! Can't wait to see your first sock.

Alana said...

Looks great!! I'm intrigued by your yarn... what is it?

Welcome to both of you who just joined us. I'm off to get you linked on the sidebar!