Sunday, August 5, 2007

IS IT CHEATING TO BE USING A REAL EASY PATTERN?

I am going to try to learn to knit socks using a pattern that is called EASY BEGINNER SOCK PATTERN, http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/sockslopi.htm . I have about 3 inches done. I feel like I am all thumbs and I am sure that I look like the most graceful knitter if anyone was watching me. It looks good now but when I have practiced before I always did okay until it came to doing the heel. I swear the pattern turns into a foreign language at that time. I have a kind of dyslexia when it comes to doing what I am reading. If someone shows me then I can usually get it but reading and getting that to stick into my brain is another story. But I am going to try and try until I get it. If I can master the ENTRELAC STITCH then I can master this. Entrelac only took me about 3 months on and off......how long is this KAL going to go?? Hopefully I have time. :~D mizmikey

3 comments:

AllyB said...

That's a super cute sock...I don't think there is any such thing as cheating in knitting...however you get it done and it works for you, why would that be cheating? Happy Knitting!

Alana said...

I like that sock! I'm doing a very basic one, too. And it's funny you should mention "thumbs". I feel as though I have seven of them on each hand:o)

Donna said...

Easy is best for the first sock you knit. After you get the basics you can branch out on the next pair! Keep knitten' kitten!