Monday, August 27, 2007

Ribbitt... Ribbitt... Ribbitt...

Oh, ya... I'm thinking of frogging everything I've done so far. Still seems loose and sloppy to me, and I'm not even sure what I could do to change that. I'm using size 1 needles, and my gauge is right where it's supposed to be. When I look at it, it reminds me of a teenage boy's sweat sock that he ran around in all day and left laying in a heap on the floor. Like it needs to be laundered and brought back into "shape". Can you tell it from the picture?


And, can you see how the ribbing of the cuff wants to slop down over the rest of the sock? Not to mention the generous hole where the gusset starts. And you thought you had hole issues, Cass!

Sorry this one's upside down. I tried rotating it twice, but it wouldn't "save".And look at that heel!! It doesn't stretch out over the foot at all. Just sorta hangs there.
What do you all think?? Don't hold back, I can handle the truth. I'm leaning toward frogging...

2 comments:

Cass said...

mmmmmmm it just looks too big! Can you cast on fewer stitches? I mean, to me the sock looks fine, it's just the fit. I really like that yarn.

I hate that you've put so much work into it, only to frog it. You should have a drink while you rip. ;)

AllyB said...

Frogging seems inevitable if you don't like the fit, sorry. It's good practice though :) I agree with Cass that it just looks too big. The stitches look great and a few small holes are just an annoyance in your first few socks anyway. Don't walk around with your foot at eye level and no one will notice them. I would be tempted to finish the sock and wash it to see how it shapes up after a bit of water treatment. Let us know what you decide. Your pictures are great btw.