Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Movin' Right Along Here.....

Last night I was determined to stay up until I'd turned the heel in my sock. Plus, once I got started it was fun, and I didn't want to stop. All I want to do today is sit down and work on the gussets, but I need to be disciplined and actually accomplish something around the house first. Sadly, cleaning and laundry don't do themselves!

It's hard not to notice that a sock really does take on some unfortunate silhouettes as it morphs it's way to completion. My son got home last night just as I finished my heel turn, and he gave me a rather strange look when he saw "what" I was making. Not to worry . . . I explained everything to him!!
Oooh, and I got a new sock knitting book yesterday. Since a couple of you had recommended it, I went ahead and ordered Sensational Socks. You were SO right, it is an excellent resource for sock knitting. I couldn't put it down. The way it's written and her attention to detail explanations answer so many questions I've been pondering. Now I'm thinking about my NEXT pair. . . . but I better do some gusseting first. . . .

4 comments:

AllyB said...

Great job Alana! Very pretty color too.

Alaina said...

Nice!!!

This is so much fun...it ought to be illegal...LOL

Hey, thanks for the hair comments you left...I appreciate them :)

Happy Knitting

Cass said...

Great job!!! It looks super and I love the color!

Donna said...

Your socks are so nice...they look like they are as light as air...nice yarn and very nice heal turn.