Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Little Progress That Feels Like A Lot!

Well, here's what I've got so far -- hardly enough to write home about. I've done lots of knitting, but also my share of frogging, so it is what it is. Not the clearest pic in the world, either, but once again hubby borrowed my camera, so I can't try again right now.


One thing I'm wondering about is the stitch definition. They seem so indistinct (I hesitate to say "sloppy" cause then I'll make me feel bad!!) Is it the yarn/needle size? Or could it be because I'm doing a 1x1 ribbing pattern? I'm not a tight knitter, but not floppy-loose either. The needles are size 1, and the yarn is Regia Bamboo. Any comments or suggestions??

Later....... I'm off to JoAnn's to buy another set of dpn's. I think I might try Alaina's suggestion of making both socks at the same time!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Your cuff looks just fine. You are already using size one, it could be the texture of the yarn that makes it seem loose. Try it on and see if it is too loose or just right. That is really the only wat to tell. And don't forget washing them will also make then a little more tight. I like the two at once suggestion too.

Donna said...

Urgh....I hate when I type the wrong letters!

AllyB said...

Love the color of the yarn. If you don't like the look of the rib you could always do a twisted rib,k1 tbl, p1...that's what I'm doing on my Monkey socks and it looks nice. Keep up the good work!

Alaina said...

I think it looks fine - and I agree with Donna - try them on and see how they "feel" on...

Hey...Your're knitting socks!!! How cool it that!!!