Friday, August 24, 2007

I AM GETTING SO DISCOURAGED.....

I have started my sock over 4 times now. I mess up everytime I try to start the heel. I am NOT GETTING IT!! I don't know why but I am just blanking on how to do the heel. Does anyone know of a web page that I might not have already tried, to follow the heel instructions. I am almost ready to give this little venture up.

The first couple of times I started with a rib border for about 2 inches then SS until I got to the flap. The last couple of times I did straight ribbing and now am getting close to the heel. My yarn cn't take too many more froggings, getting a little fuzzy. It is beautiful yarn. I bought it on EBAY quite a while ago, a Seacoast brand, varigated 100% wool. Beautiful colors I think. mizmikey

4 comments:

AllyB said...

The easiest instructions to follow that I've used are the ones in the Socks Soar on Two Circulars book. Although the heel turn instructions for my Monkey socks are good too. You can find them at Knitty dot com. Do not, I repeat...do not give up! ;) Sometimes it takes some intense concentration and a bunch of patience but it all pays off in the end. I have frogged and tinked my Monkey socks several times now and even threw them to the other side of the couch the other night but something keeps me going back. I can't resist the smooth rhythmic motion of those small needles I guess. Don't get discouraged, just take a little break and do something else for a bit...I resort to dish cloths when I'm feeling frustrated with something that takes total concentration. What pattern are you using for the sock? We're all here with you...it's all practice!

LotusKnits said...

Don't give up! You will get it. I'm not sure if you've seen this sort of tutorial, called turning heels by the numbers (and forgive me, I'm not sure exactly what issues you're facing), but you might find this helpful.

http://www.socknitters.com/Tips/heels_by_the_number.htm

And perhaps the Sockknitter FAQ can help as well:

http://www.socknitters.com/FAQ/FAQ_index.htm

Keep us posted!

Donna said...

O.K. Knittinghelp.com has a video you can follow. This is the link and scroll down until you see small practice sock and click on video. Presto! Watch a heel being turned.

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

Alana said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking of frogging my sock, too. I just don't like the "consistency" of it.