Friday, August 17, 2007

Finally got to post!

















I finally got a post together to show my progress on my one lone sock. I have started knitting the foot, these pictures were taken a few days ago. It takes forever to get my husband to load them for me. I am asking for a digital camera for Christmas...but def! I enjoyed this pattern which comprises eight rows but it is very simple. You can always tell were you stopped. The pattern is in Sensation Knitted Socks. The one problem I did have was picking up the correct amount of stitches. The gusset was either too big or my gauge was off. I worked it out but I ripped that sucker out about four times! Now the challenge is of course to get the next one going. I very much liked the suggestion of starting both socks at the same time on separate needles. I am also going to look at two socks on circular needles at the same time. The problem is just getting the time. We are in the process of getting two college students ready for back to school and this week and next are all about packing, moving, and then lugging boxes and such up five flights to a dorm room.! Ugh! But I will miss them both terribly. After that I will have plenty of time to knit socks. Everyone have a great weekend and keep knittin' kittens.

4 comments:

AllyB said...

Wow, Donna, your sock is beautiful. Isn't it funny how life gets in the way of knitting sometimes? You can always depend on it being there when you get done though. It's patient like that!

Alana said...

Oooh, I really like that sock. There are so many nice designs in that book, don't you think?

I've been gaining ground with my sock as well, starting to feel like I might actually finish it some day. Then it hits me--once I'm done, I'm really only HALF DONE!!

Cass said...

Oh Donna- I want to be like you when I'm a grown up sock knitter! That is so beautiful!

Alaina said...

Wow! How beautiful...I don't think I'll ever venture to something that "hard". You rock!