Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Sock Finished!

Hi All! Thanks for the warm welcome when I posted the start of my first sock a few weeks ago! And sorry for ignoring the common question of what yarn I was knitting with for so long! It's been crazy busy and I kept forgetting to actually look at the ball band until recently.

Anyway...I finished sock #1!! I love it and it fits perfectly. I really like the colors and the pattern the yarn makes. Now...the yarn is Fortissima Socka mit Bambou in the colorway laub. That link gets you to a product page but frankly I haven't been able to track down a source to actually buy a skein of this yarn (I got it at my now LYS). This is a fingering weight yarn and is a wool/bamboo mix. I liked knitting with it but I don't have anything to compare it to. The pattern is simply a ribbed cuff with a stockinette body knit from the top down (I don't have the name of the pattern with me but I'll post more information once the second sock is done). I knitted with size 2 dpns. As I am new to the sock world, I don't have a clue what type of heel I did. It was a flap with a S1, P1 pattern on odd rows, S1, P across on even rows if that tells anyone anything :). I like the fit of the heel on my foot but again, I have nothing to compare it to at this point.

I hope to get the second sock done fairly quickly but we'll see. I'm going to try to not be one of those people who only does one sock of the pair...but wow, there are so many interesting patterns out there that it is tempting to cast on one of those first! Like look at that Monkey AllyB started! Such a great pattern and she's doing great on it! Tempting, tempting , tempting!

4 comments:

AllyB said...

Congratulations! A first sock is such a joy. Don't be distracted by all the lovely options out there. You can't wear just one sock of a pair. Stick with it and you'll be the proud wearer of a pair of really cool looking socks.

Alana said...

Those socks are the coolest!! You did a great job, and I would love to get my hands on some of that yarn!

I have started a sock (again!). My original "first" sock is patiently waiting to be frogged. This time I think the yarn and pattern are working out better for me. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

Donna said...

Graet job Rachel...you'll get the second sock done don't worry. There is nothing worse than only one sock to wear! I an a slug! I finished two socks from diffrent patterns and now I just can't bring myself to start the third and fourth! Should have never started that new pattern....oh well I could wear them together and create a mixed sock day!

Donna said...

I also can not type and think at the same time..as you can tell from my spelling mistakes!