Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Sock Knitter

I just wanted to say hi and let you all know I'm starting my socks soon. I joined this kal a couple weeks ago but hadn't started yet. I just was hoping that someone could share an easy starter sock pattern that I can work on. I've been looking around and nothing really inspired me. I'd love it if you could comment on what pattern you started with. I'm going this weekend to buy sock yarn. I've already been working on dpn's and cirs so that won't be new. :)

thank you for all your help. I'm excited to get started on my first sock.

Nat
www.barknknit.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Gnat! welcome and here is a link to a very basic sock pattern with step by step photos. Check it out. Good Luck!

http://www.royea.net/sockdemo1.html

Cass said...

Hey there Nat! I used Ann Budd's new book, Getting Started Knitting Socks. I need step by step instructions with pictures, and the books was so helpful! I hope you find what will work for you! Can't wait to see your socks. I'm getting ready to start on pair #2! :D

AllyB said...

Greetings Gnat! The simplest sock I've worked on was the basic sock in the Socks Soar On Two Circulars book. It is just a simple rib cuff sock, nothing fancy. Good luck with your sock.