Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Monkey, new version

I decided I didn't care for the feel of the fabric that I created with the Opal Rainforest with size 2 needles. It resulted in a fabric too loosely knit which made for a very rough texture. Not what I would want to wear on my foot all day.

After some discussion with Jessica at City Knitting I decided to try another version with a size 1 and this yummy yarn. Here's what I've got so far...


2 repeats of the lace pattern - what do ya think?

It's difficult to get a good view of this pattern without a foot in it but with the dpn's it is difficult to try on, so a hand-held cuff will have to do for now.

I'm thinking that if I get this one done I won't feel so bad froggin the Opal sock. *sigh*

I picked up 2 skeins of this yarn at the Michigan Fiber Festival a couple weeks ago. The actual color is more pink than the picture shows but this gives you the general idea. It is by Gypsy Girl Creations and came from Stonebarn Fibers. The color is Ice Cream Sundae. It is fingering weight.

I'm going to try to get this knit up by the weekend...although it is salmon fishing season and we do have to prioritize a bit here, lol.

3 comments:

Cass said...

LOOK AT YOU GO!!! I love it!

Alana said...

Oooh, I think that yarn is very nice! I can see the pattern is finer textured than with the other yarn.

If it'll make ya feel any better, I'm frogging my whole sock, too.

Consider it a "learning experience"!!!

Donna said...

Wow what a difference. See it wasn't too bad to froggit. It builds character! Nice job on the new sock. Yummy Yarn too!